What is this course about?
In a world where both natural and man-made disasters are affecting us with alarming frequency, the concepts of disaster preparedness and Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) are top of the list of priorities of an increasing number of countries in Asia.
DDR is a systematic approach to identify, assess and mitigate the risk of disaster. It aims to reduce socio-economic vulnerability to disaster as well as dealing with the environmental and other hazards that trigger them. DRR is not a one-off activity but instead an integral part of the way organisations do their work. DRR is wide-ranging; its scope is much broader and deeper than crisis management.
This programme addresses the challenges of assessing hazards, vulnerability and resilience and maximizing community engagement to transform information gathered into a professional plan aligned with Government and other agencies.
This course is specifically relevant for:
- staff of development organisations involved in the design, execution and coordination of project and programmes;
- (future) project managers/coordinators, portfolio managers, desk officers and programme officers from development related organizations, including donors, government departments, civil society groups, (I)NGO’s and charities.
The training will be conducted using a mixture of theory and practical applications, introducing a range of interactive training methods such as group discussions, presentations and practical exercises
- Definitions and basic concepts
- Disaster risk assessment
- Steps of community based disaster risk management (CBDRM)
- Participatory tools used for data and information collection on hazards, vulnerabilities, capacity analysis (HVCA)
- Analysis of data and information
- Formulating a DRR plan
- DRR monitoring and evaluation
- Stakeholder analysis and coordination with relevant organizations for DRR
Dates: 19 - 22 September 2016
Course fee: € 725
Country: Colombo, Sri Lanka
(The course fee includes lunch, snacks, course material and a certificate)
Information & Assistance
Mr. Yaseen Ariff
Sales & Marketing Executive for MDF Asia
Tel: +94 112 673 636 -7
Mob: +94 771 979 991
Course fee: €725
Discounts: 10% for MDF alumni;
01 free place for organisations sending 5 staff
Registration: before 18 September 2016
0094 112 673 636 -7
0094 771 979 991
Register Online: www.mdf.nl