Why this course
Understand how you can influence a policy process. From first stages to final implementation. It could be your core business or an intrinsic part of your organisation. Obtain a broad set of tools to plan effective advocacy strategies. Conduct actions with well-framed messages, and create coherent paths with your allies for powerful joint interventions.
By the end of this course, you will:
- Understand how to embed advocacy actions in your organisation’s plans.
- Use practical tools and methods to plan, prepare, implement and evaluate advocacy initiatives.
- Analyse stakeholders and policy context.
- Gain insight into building strong coalitions, select your political targets, frame your messages in convincing ways.
- Practice how to conduct influential lobby meetings.
Day 1: Concepts & Principles
- Welcome and introduction
- Policy Influencing and Advocacy concepts, Policy Influencing Cycle
- CLASP principles
- Theory of Change
Day 2: Analysing the context
- Policy mapping
- Situation analysis / PESTLE analysis
- Stakeholder Analysis - Actor Mapping
- Network alliances and dynamics
Day 3: Skill building
- Communications: framing the message
- Skills building: elevator pitch
- Win-win negotiations
- Skills building: practise a lobby meeting
Day 4: Designing campaigns and monitoring results
- Monitoring results: Outcome Harvesting
- Social Media for Advocacy
- Designing your advocacy campaign
- Evaluation and certification
Registrations end:13 May 2019
Date: 21-24 May 2019
Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Course fee: €870 (excl tax)
Register link: https://mdf.nl/advocacy-and-policy-influencing-9
For general information:
Phone:+84 (0)24 6258 4438