In these times of social media, lobbying for changes has become an everyday activity for individuals with a conscience. In the interests of creating sustainable changes, more organisations are shifting from service delivery to influencing changes to the policy environment.
This course offers an extensive planning framework and builds essential skills to engage in lobbying and advocating for positive changes.
- Understand how to embed advocacy and policy actions in your organisation's change plans;
- Learn how to plan, prepare, implement, and evaluate advocacy initiatives by using practical tools and methods;
- Learn how to conduct stakeholders analysis and the policy context;
- Gain insights into how to build strong coalitions, select your political targets, and frame your messages in convincing ways;
- Learn how to conduct a lobby meeting.
You are a professional engaged in advocacy, civil society capacity building, governance or transparency programmes. You represent a network, an alliance, an association or a trade-union. You defend the interests of many or promote rights for your target groups.
Introduction to concepts relating to API and Policy Influencing Cycle
Discuss about Theory of Change
Gain insights on Policy mapping, Situation analysis/PESTLE analysis
Introduction to CLASP principles
Skills training: Elevator pitch
Learn how to conduct stakeholders analysis, including discussion on working with allies and opponents
Discuss about chain of influences, networks, and alliances
Learn more on communications and phrasing the messages
Skills training: practise a lobby meeting
Discuss about outcome challenge and progress makers
Understand about indicators and outcome journal
Skills training: policy debate
Course language: English
Course fee: EUR 830 including training venue, lunches, refreshments, materials and certificate, excluding 10% tax
Discounts: 10% for MDF alumni; 01 free place for organizations sending 6 staffs on the same course